Attends / Molicare - cloth covered?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Attends / Molicare - cloth covered?

Does anyone know if the attends are cloth covered - I've seen pics of them as recently as last February, that look plastic backed. I'm talking about attends slip active medium 10 to be exact. It says they've got textile *sides* and velcro / refastenable tapes.

Also, the molicare "soft" range - they go up to higher absorbency levels than supers. If anyone's tried them / knows then that'd be great...

Thinking of ordering some.

In Canada the attends are

Comment

Look for the word breathable in the description. If it is there, then they are cloth backed. I prefer the plastic back myself. You can still get those in canada but they are becoming the minority.

Comment

Ordered!

We'll see then... I usually post reviews (my opinion anyway ) of anything new I buy here so I'll let you guys know.

I'm mostly still using the tena slip despite the fact the material clumps up in the front after a while. Molicare supers are better, but bulkier when on first (which I don't mind really). Interested in the attends active 10 though - they only have one wide tab at the side, judging from the pics. Hmm...

ttfn

Comment

The verdict so far...

Just received the attends slip 10 active medium yada yada and got one on. Strange velcro type fitting, and only one set of tapes. I like wearing plastic pants with mine, and because the sides are more open, I can feel the plastic pants more on the hips I suppose...

Anyway, fairly neutral on these at present, will have to get used to them.

the molicare soft are cloth backed - clue is in the name I suppose! But, they also have the velcro type sides - but double tapes. More breathable I think, so might help with rashes / sensitive skin for anyone that's interested.

Now to test the absorbency ratings!!!

Comment

i tried them and they are rubish ,to thin and sag very bad molicare with the plastic backing are better,in my opinion nappies with plastic backing are nappies

Comment

Yeah...

With you there zavater... Attends are really thin, would be good if you want to wear something that you can hide easily - but they've got a stupid absorbency rating. I mean if the 10 rating is like 3 litres, tena slip maxi must be like 10 litres in comparison. Yeah right!

So, the attends fit ok, but the molicare are better, but both are a bit lame, in bulkiness and absorbency ratings, imo.

Luck I got a job lot of tena whilst I was ordering!

Comment

Tena Slip Maxi still take a lot of beating. But I've just ordered some Attends Regular Plus (M10) from Amazon.

They arrived today (the next day) in an Amazon box (so very discreet) and the nappies themselves are plastic backed with soft, white plastic. Fit is a bit different, but no problems so far - I quite like them. They are also fairly cheap and with the discreet next day delivery, you can't go wrong really!

Comment

Myeah...

How are the regular plus for bulkiness? The active m10 are thin - like not much thicker than a panty liner Boo.

The active are plastic backed too, kind of like the less plastic feel at the side - maybe it's just my kink but a woman in these would look *hot*. Could probably get them to leak easily though... Might be fun for wearing to the shops for some discreet fun too.

My all time personal favourite ratings then:

(all close contenders for top place...)
                  Old style tena slip maxi
                  Old style plastic Abena abriform x plus
                  Abena delta form (cheap but fun n bulky)
                  Molicare super plus

New style tena slip
                  Senset immobile (these would be great + take top spot with more padding in the front)
                  Euron form (maxi? most abosrbent ones anyway...)
                  Molicare regular
                  Contiform (good n cheap)
                  Tender care

Others:
                  Lille supreme
                  attends
                  any "cloth" backed ones
                  Whatever else... Yawn.

Ttfn

Comment

try this .cut the inner of the nappy with i stanly blade and cerfully place a toddlers nappy inside the adult nappy and stitch it up this will give you a super cumfy nappy that can hold a lot of pee and can give a nice contured shape ,i now do this to all my nappies

Comment

Try these:

http://www.incontinencechoice.co.uk/...ack-of-30.html

Probably more absorbent, and they fit just about perfectly in Molicare super plus and tena slip maxi medium sizes. They're plastic backed inserts, so you'll have to slit them / poke holes in them, but they feel great, and at £4 for 30 it's cheap as chips. As they say...

Tena slip maxi with one of these took about half a dozen good wettings - was so swollen and bulky by the end, felt great!

Comment

Working...
                      X