abenas response to me

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• abenas response to me

Hi all I sent abena a email telling them how much I hate the cloth version and here is there reply back to me.

Thank you for your mail and honest opinion, we respect that very much!

Please give me a few minutes of your time to explain why we have chosen the way we have.

Years back Abena stated to focus on helping and supporting healthier skin in relation to our customers as this (for many) is a very important point for there wellbeing.

And due to above we introduced Abena’s Air Plus backsheet which is a breathable PE folie + a non-woven layer which allows the body (skin) to breathe and thereby keeping the skin healthier. The non-woven layer was there to support the the strength and make the product soft.

At that point we still had a product line with the normal PE folie.

But as production techniques and development went on, we gained the technology to also make our product line with normal PE with a layer of Non-Woven making it softer + a very important point! Making it breathable in the side panels of the product as the now consists of non-Woven which is breathable = healthier skin also for our second product line.

Very important is that the PE is still the same PE just with a additional layer of Non-Woven- same core – same abs. – same security

Todays product lines in Australia:

Premium = Breathable PE folie + Non-woven making the range 100 % breathable

Comfort = PE folie + Non-Woven making the range breathable on the side panels

We recognize that not everybody like the idea, but the majority of our customers do and looking at a health perspective it is the right way to go.

We are sorry that you, Peter, are among the people who don’t like the Non-Woven (Cloth-Like) products

But we hope and trust you will understand above and maybe give the products a chance in the future, as I can guaranty you there are among the best products in the world.

Again thank you for your mail and opinion.

or to paraphrase - "La la la, we're not listening"

Comment

Abena: poor strategic decision....

Originally posted by mr molicare
      breathable PE folie + a non-woven layer which allows the body (skin) to breathe and thereby keeping the skin healthier. The non-woven layer was there to support the the strength and make the product soft.

At that point we still had a product line with the normal PE folie.

But as production techniques and development went on, we gained the technology to also make our product line with normal PE with a layer of Non-Woven making it softer + a very important point! Making it breathable in the side panels of the product as the now consists of non-Woven which is breathable = healthier skin also for our second product line.

Very important is that the PE is still the same PE just with a additional layer of Non-Woven- same core – same abs. – same security

Thanks for posting Mr molicare (=To Abena: what a load of BS btw) the non woven "breathable" layer is just PE covered with their non woven textile so I don't really see how the skin breathes any better... + Their "VERY IMPORTANT" point that the PE is still the same PE.... might be but if it is, it is way thinner than the classic M4163, which makes for a very poor quality product that needs to be changed more often because it cannot hold its shape anymore... VERY disappointing

Abena just went down a few notches in quality... what used to be a really good brand will need to find replacement, I guess in the meantime Tena Slip Maxi is a good alternative!

Comment

Yeah this has cheesed me off too. I suppose it just comes down to what you're used to or grew up with. I've tried cloth diapers (terry cloth + plastic pants that is) and while I like them, and their bulkiness, I just prefer disposables + plastic pants, and feeling them swell up when they get wet...

So, I've tried a few cloth backed brands too - I have a bunch of molicare that I'd like to get rid of tbh, and just don't get on with them. I've found that they're generally the lower end of the absorbency range - anyone found any really absorbent cloth backed ones? How're those abena for that?

So tena slip maxi and molicare super plus, at least here in the UK, are still plastic backed. I just tried some "soffisof" too, which replace the senset premium range - poor absorbency, but plastic backed. Anyone else know other plastic backed brands at the moment?

Comment

Working...
        X