Header ads

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tena are switching wholesale to the clothlike covering - THIS MONTH - confirmed :(

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tena are switching wholesale to the clothlike covering - THIS MONTH - confirmed :(

I have been speaking to Tena in the UK regarding negative experiences I've had with their new cloth-like covered slip, which I first saw when on holiday in southern europe about 2 years ago. I bought a pack when I was there, and found them to be very poor, aside from the obvious dislike I have for non-plastic backed nappies, they tapes actually fell off part-way through the night, and the plastic panel on the front peeled off the cloth-like covering, making it hard to re-attach the tapes.

I contacted them about it at the time, and they said they have "no plans" to introduce this covering in the UK. Well... they have plans now. I contacted them last month to re-confirm their statement that they have no plans, and they came back quite curtly and said that they do have plans, and it's happening this month. As of the 15th of March, all European (including UK) production of Tena slips will be with the cloth-like backing

I bought a pack of Slip Ultimas online to see whether they have improved the design, but from the pack I got this week, they have not, it is still dreadful. Here are some pics after about 6 hours wear, just sleeping:
    https://drive.google.com/folderview?...DA&usp=sharing

They are not done up tight and were not taped and un-taped - I taped them on once, gently, and went to sleep. I woke up with the nappy so loose around my waist that it fell down when I stood up, and when I un-did the tapes to adjust them, it peeled the plastic panel off the front. It is DREADFUL. I can't believe they are going to market with this new "improved" design - I can't see a single improvement:

- The tapes fall off
    - The front panel peels off, and rips the hairs out of your arms
    - It works loose as the cloth-like covering stretches more than plastic
    - It feels rubbish
    - It is hard to slide around on the bed sheets as the cloth cover acts a bit like velcro against the sheets

The only reasons I can think that they might do this is to either save money or maybe because it is slightly better environmentally. I think they are in for a backlash through.

You can contact them here to complain, pleeeease do!

http://www.tena.co.uk/contact-us/

what? not even a single reply. What happened to this board? it used to be rammed with people. Where does everyone go now?

Comment

I believe DD is the go-to ABDL board these days... that and FL.

Comment

Yup...

@celtic Agree with you on the tena slip. Have a pack of ultima but prefer the plastic backed maxi for precisely the reasons you're saying about. If they made a plastic backed ultima it would be the best thing ever.

So, what brands are there that are still plastic backed? I'm considering complaining about tena btw, i'll just get round to it when I do.

Molicare supers are still plastic backed; but they're only so-so. I think one of the abriform range ar still plastic backed. Anyone confirm?

Comment

Abena X-plus and Molicare Super Plus are still 100% plastic backed with tapes. There are also a number of brands available in the US that are plastic backed... Wellness, Bambino and Secure, to name a few.

Comment

ABDL's need to look at bigger picture

Dear all,

I am an incontinence suffererer and my local authority supplies me with Tena flex (cloth covered) where they used to supply me with Tena Slip (plastic backed) more to AB/DL liking. What ABDL's do not realise that people with genuine problems go through these pads/diapers/nappies at a rate of at least 30 a week and that all goes into a landfill or an incinerator and plastic gives off to many nasties into the environment or remains in the environment for hundreds of years to degrade.

people like myself with a genuine problem not a fetish have bought popper pants to go over the top that button up the sides. These pants allow you to move about in bed and because the cloth covering can become saturated and leak, prevent soiled bedding and clothing.

The world isn't that big a place and if we can do our bit to help, even if it's only one diaper/nappy at a time, I think we should do it.

Comment

I get Tena pads supplied now

Since my incontinence became a regular thing I get tena pads supplied now. If they are going cloth backed I shall have to use plastic pants in bed.

Comment

ALL "cloth" backed diapers are still plastic, the "cloth" is just a spun backing applied to a plastic layer. With some products, Goodnites are a perfect example, you can tear off the cloth layer after holding it under a hairdryer for just a few seconds.
                No better for the environment at all, it is almost purely aesthetics.

Comment

Working...
                X