No announcement yet.

Update on great Aussie athlete Jessica Hull

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wasn't paying attention to Laura... but I just watched the stream back again, and alas no close up glimpses of Laura after finish.

Btw I think I know what the big problem is with streaming races like this... the camera follows the athletes, so the whole stadium background is constantly moving. That's what the picture can't keep up with.
    Before and after the race, steady background so no problem.

Comment

• Not about Jessica Hull, but still about an athlete peeing her pants... big time. Felt sorry for her though.

5000m, Dutch runner Maureen Koster. She was on 3rd place, but in the end acidification struck en she couldn't react if someone would try to overtake her. And that's what happened.
      She reached the finish line 4th place, but stumbled and fell. She kept laying there for like 5 minutes, exhausted, in pain and devastated.
      But when she finally stood up... OMG. Biggest wet patch I have seen on any athlete's pants
      Not sure if it happened while she was still running, camera focus was on the head of the race, or if she just let go while she was laying on the ground.

Anyway. There is video footage of the last part of the race, and an interview for Dutch TV later. Not the moment when she stood up.
      Not sure if any of you can watch this though outside of The Netherlands. Let me know. Or if you find other footage
      The interview is a bit sad to watch, she is still devastated and too much pain too stand, so they let her sit down. But a couple of times in the interview they zoom out and that big wet patch is visible even in the shade...

h**ps://nos.nl/video/2523605-koster-knokkend-ten-onder-op-5-000-meter-vierde-plaats-op-ek
      h**ps://nos.nl/video/2523604-koster-heel-erg-teleurgesteld-met-vierde-plek-alsof-het-zo-uit-je-handen-glipt
      Last edited by vincp40; June 9, 2024, 01:57 AM.

Comment

• Thanks vincp40! This is great footage, although I feel sorry for the girl. She fought for it, lost control of her bladder, but did not win a medal. I found the video in which she stood up. You can watch it here, but you have to start near the end, near the 2:02:00 mark:

h**ps://npo.nl/start/serie/nos-studio-sport/seizoen-63/nos-sport-ek-atletiek/afspelen

Originally posted by vincp40 View Post
        Not about Jessica Hull, but still about an athlete peeing her pants... big time. Felt sorry for her though.

Anyway. There is video footage of the last part of the race, and an interview for Dutch TV later. Not the moment when she stood up.
        Not sure if any of you can watch this though outside of The Netherlands. Let me know. Or if you find other footage
        The interview is a bit sad to watch, she is still devastated and too much pain too stand, so they let her sit down. But a couple of times in the interview they zoom out and that big wet patch is visible even in the shade...

h**ps://nos.nl/video/2523605-koster-knokkend-ten-onder-op-5-000-meter-vierde-plaats-op-ek
        h**ps://nos.nl/video/2523604-koster-heel-erg-teleurgesteld-met-vierde-plek-alsof-het-zo-uit-je-handen-glipt

Comment

• Maureen Koster (NL) 3000 meter Women EC Rome 2024 June 7, 2024

Here is a compilation of the main scenes:

maureen koster 5000 meter women rome june 7 2024.mp4
          25.5 MB - 00:01:15 1920 x 1080

https://www.sendspace.com/file/1rtai4

maureen koster 5000 meter women rome june 7 202401.jpg
          maureen koster 5000 meter women rome june 7 202402.jpg
          maureen koster 5000 meter women rome june 7 202403.jpg

Comment

• Thanks for the link dalton! And the compilation

Comment

• I found a new series of images of Jessica Hull at the 2024 Chemist Warehouse Sydney Track Classic, Saturday 23 March 2024. Some of these images have been posted here before and even in a better resolution, but in this collection, there seem to be more pictures of Jessica in this event. *.zip file 13,0 MB:

https://www.sendspace.com/file/xpz6bv

p3928462725-6.jpg
              Last edited by dalton; June 16, 2024, 06:07 PM.

Comment

• Thanks for this great set of pics! She really wet a lot there. Maybe I should think again about that wet patch of Maureen Koster being the biggest I've ever seen

Comment

• Tomorrow July 7th the Diamond League games are in Paris, Jessica Hull will be running the 1500m

Sceduled time: 17:50 local time (CEST), the final race of the day.

Comment

• Only the 1500m? I don't know if there is need for a wee in her shorts during the 1500m run.

But I hope she wins. She's such a great and lovely athlete.

Comment

• For Jessica, there's always a need
                      An obvious case of stress incontinence... the more effort, the better her results... and the wetter her pants

Comment

• Wow. Jessica did an excellent job there, chasing WR holder Kipyegon... she run a new WR by 0.07 seconds, but Jessica smashed her personal best by 5.14 seconds! 3:50.83
                        And as far as I could see, mostly in the after finish slow-mo's... yes, she did wet her pants. Muir not much this time.

Comment

• See it all here: h**ps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sLzKGwxA7ew

Comment

• Thanks vincp40, I found some more. And what a race!

Check this! h**ps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ELqLCUS4SfA

Hull clocked the fifth-fastest time in the history of the women’s 1500m. She challenged Kenya’s Faith Kipyegon, for the top spot for a good portion of the race but the Kenyan smashed the world record with a time of 3:49.04 to win the Paris Diamond League. Hull bettered the previous national record of 3:55.97 achieved by her at the Eugene Diamond League in May. She also rewrote her own Oceania record in the process.

jessica hull - paris diamond league 2024 sunday july 7 2024_01.jpg
                            jessica hull - paris diamond league 2024 sunday july 7 2024_02.jpg
                            jessica hull - paris diamond league 2024 sunday july 7 2024_03.jpg

Originally posted by vincp40 View Post
                            See it all here: h**ps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sLzKGwxA7ew

Comment

• Excellent pics and very nice interview video, good find Dalton!

Comment

• She’s on great form and a genuine medal contender for the Olympics. Who knew I would care so much about the 1500m…

This shot BTW is a stream pic! Only the second one of Jess that I have ever found.
                                https://www.gettyimages.co.uk/detail...oto/2148479931

Click on the HD preview. She belongs in an art gallery.

Comment

Working...
                                X