Update on great Aussie athlete Jessica Hull

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jessica hull - paris diamond league 2024 sunday july 7 2024_04.jpg
    Last edited by dalton; July 9, 2024, 06:11 AM.

Comment

• jessica hull_A.jpg

Comment

• Unusual distance, escaped my attention so I didn't see it live. But Jessica set a new world record on the 2000m at the Diamond League in Monaco
        Footage here, from 42:30 min into the video: h**ps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ifTgNaRB3b0

But... looks like she remained totally dry. At least on the outside of her outfit.

Interesting btw how in the close-up slow-mo's after the race, they carefully(?) keep the *potentially wet area* of her outfit out of view
        As if they know it by now, expect it and try to save her a bit from all too embarrassing views...
        Last edited by vincp40; July 14, 2024, 10:11 PM.

Comment

• There are pictures on Getty Images (.no) which are new to me. In 2 of the images it looks like she is laughing or running and weeing at the same time. I never realized that high resolution versions of those images are that expensive! Almost € 500 ! I hope this Twitter/X-guy steps in!

And a different version of an existing image: h**ps://svenska.yle.fi/a/7-10060548

h**ps://www.gettyimages.no/detail/news-photo/jessica-hull-of-australia-finishes-second-with-the-5th-all-news-photo/2161142902

h**ps://www.gettyimages.no/detail/news-photo/faith-kipyegon-of-kenya-and-jessica-hull-of-australia-lead-news-photo/2161142785

gettyimages-2161142785-2048x2048.jpg

gettyimages-2161142902-1024x1024.jpg
          Last edited by dalton; July 23, 2024, 08:45 PM.

Comment

• I think I missed this. The Japanese Twitter/X-guy has posted new images of our lovely athlete this year. The nice thing is: his images are all in an acceptable HQ-ish size and without ugly preview logos. Perhaps he purchases these images from photo-agencies.

Look for images dated June 7, 2024 and February 6/12, 2024. Somehow the images are not displayed in in chronological order. Keep scrolling down and you'll find many more:

h**ps://x.com/galapag61099545
            Last edited by dalton; July 28, 2024, 11:43 PM.

Comment

• Great link, I can view the pics even without having a Twitter account

Comment

• Originally posted by dalton View Post
                I think I missed this. The Japanese Twitter/X-guy has posted new images of our lovely athlete this year. The nice thing is: his images are all in an acceptable HQ-ish size and without ugly preview logos. Perhaps he purchases these images from photo-agencies.

Look for images dated June 7, 2024 and February 6/12, 2024. Somehow the images are not displayed in in chronological order. Keep scrolling down and you'll find many more:

h**ps://x.com/galapag61099545
                That is definitely the best collection of Jessica Hull photos I have ever seen

Comment

• OK so the Olympics at Paris have started. Athletics from August 1.
                  The 1500m with Jessica will be August 6 (series), August 8 (semi finals) and August 10 (final).

What I'm wondering: this being such a major event with such a huge audience... will she take some extra precautions so that her wetness doesn't show.
                  We'll just have to see

Comment

• Originally posted by vincp40 View Post
                    OK so the Olympics at Paris have started. Athletics from August 1.
                    The 1500m with Jessica will be August 6 (series), August 8 (semi finals) and August 10 (final).

What I'm wondering: this being such a major event with such a huge audience... will she take some extra precautions so that her wetness doesn't show.
                    We'll just have to see
                    She didn’t bother at the last Olympics… pissed herself beautifully in both the semi final (where she was brilliant) and the final (where she seemed unable to replicate her semi final form).

She’s in the best form of her career so I would be gobsmacked if she changed anything now. Kipyegon is the obvious gold medal favourite, she’s unbelievable and in a class of her own, but Jess is a genuine medal contender and I think she has matured a lot as an athlete, from someone who maybe felt lucky to be there at the last Olympics, to someone who is now going there to get a medal and nothing else will do.

And the Aussie green shorts are amazing for showing up her wettings.

Come on Jess!

Comment

• Heads up that Jess will be running in the 1500m heats tomorrow (6 August) at around 10:30 Paris time. She's in Heat 3

Comment

• I can't see it live then unfortunately, I'll be at work.

Comment

• Well done Jess and let go on last lap

Comment

• Interesting that even when she was several seconds off her best time (no point going all out to win a heat), it was still too much for her bladder to cope with. Usual lovely wet patch.

Semi final is Thursday.

Comment

• At work I can at least read this, hehe... thanks for the update!

Comment

• You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                                This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Working...
                                X